Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Google Docs

I used shared documents pretty much everyday day through work, mainly excel files. It is very useful and saves a lot of headache. Google docs seems easy enough and I know people who now use it on a regular basis for work where people are in multiple offices. I used it to create a spreadsheet and word document and it seemed pretty much just like Microsoft office.

I can see minor frustrations with people worried that they will not have access to it if they lose Internet access and worried that other people will have access to it too easily.

For my work this seems great, but because I work for a government agency I worry about if we would be allowed to store stuff off site. I personally woudl not care, but the city already saves a copy of all my emails and can access my work saved on city hard drives and they might not like the idea of city employee created documents not being under their control.

No comments:

Post a Comment